Frigidaire’s washing machine buying guide will assist you in selecting the unit you need for your clothing, towels and bedding. Considerations like size, capacity, laundry habits, special programs and safety features are crucial, so use this buying guide to make the process easier for you.
1. Washing Machine Sizing: Things To Know
Kitchen layout & installation
Physical size and household size are two factors to consider. First, precisely measure where you want to place the washing machine, also taking space for opening the door or lid, as well as power and hose connections into account.
Some can be wall mounted if your laundry area is limited, or a washer dryer combo purchased. Then, for the load capacity, consider your family size and washing frequency. Here’s a guide.
- 4 - 6 kg: Small size
- 7 - 8 kg: Average in size
- 9+ kg: On the larger size
2. Washing Machine Capacity
- 4 - 6.5kg washing machine: Suitable for single or small family of 1-2 people
- 7 - 8.5kg washing machine: Suitable for medium family of 3-4 people
- 9kg or bigger washing machine: Suitable for large family of 5+ people
3. Laundry Layout and Washing Machine Installation
Stacked front-loader washer dryers are a great choice to save space for smaller laundries or European laundries, such as those hidden behind cabinetry near the kitchen or bathroom.
Meanwhile an under-bench side-by-side washer and dryer set-up can provide you with extra bench space, as could a combo unit. Again, wall mounted units offer more productive floorspace. Consider your requirements when planning your layout.
In addition to the precise space needs of your unit, including power supply, and door or lid openings, you’ll need to consider your access to hot and cold water as well as adequate drainage, either a sink or standpipe for installation.
4. Types of Washing Machine
Top Load Washing Machines
Top load washing machine comes with a door on the top of the machine. This design allows you to load from above so there’s no need to bend over while doing laundry. And especially, you can add or remove items in the middle of the cycle without problems.
Choose a good top load washer from our best-selling Frigidaire top loaders:
- Large drum to thoroughly dry bulky items and family-sized loads
- 20 and 45 minute quick cycles to save your time
- VapourCare for perfect care of baby wear
Front Load Washing Machines
As opposed to top loaders, front load washing machines are designed with a door at the front which opens one side of the drum into which washing is placed.
In most parts of the world, it is common to find high-end washers of this type. Most commercial and industrial clothes washers around the world are of the horizontal-axis design as well.
Recommended front load washing machines from Frigidaire Arabia:
- Fully automatic washer
- UltraMix dissolves detergent well even in cool water for optimal cleaning performance
- Child Lock prevents accidental operation
- AutoSense adjusts time, water and energy to prevent over-washing
- UltraMix keeps colors vibrant and rich for longer
- Fully automatic washing machine
5. Other Washing Machine Features and Settings To Consider
A Comprehensive Clean
Designed to protect every fibre, Frigidaire’s UltraMix technology optimally blends water, detergent and softener before entering the drum, conserving the life of your clothes.
>>> Related post: How to use detergent in washing machine
Everyday Clothing Reinvigorated
Frigidaire’s VapourRefresh cycle not only reduces crinkles and crumpling by 23%, meaning less ironing, more living, but can also refresh clothes through its innovative odour absorption function.
>>> Read more: 10 tips on how to make your clothes last longer
Wool Washing Done For You
Entrust Frigidaire washing machines with the independently tested Woolmark Blue certification to replicate hand washing for your wool items, ensuring no shrinkage or misshaping.
Woolcare Turned Eco
Going through the same certification process as Woolmark Blue appliances, meaning you can rely on gentle wool care, Woolmark Green certified appliances also have the highest levels of water and energy efficiency.
AutoSense technology helps prevent over-washing by automatically adjusting the time, water and energy consumption according to the laundry load size. Your favourite clothes are only washed for as long as needed.
>>> Suggested post: How to operate an automatic front load and top load washing machine
Child Lock function prevents your kids from turning on or changing the settings of the washer.
6. Washing Machine Cleaning
Run a self-clean function on a regular basis to keep your washing machine in good working condition. Otherwise, you can clean your washing machine manually by running a hot cycle with vinegar, scrubbing the drum to remove residue and cleaning the coin trap and drainpipe. To prevent mould and extend the life of the door or lid seals, leave them open between washes.
Washing Machine FAQs
How do I choose the correct washing machine settings?
Most washing machines comes with similar features as below:
- Regular/Normal Cycle: Advisable for whites, sportswear, underwear, socks and T-shirts. While efficiently eliminating stains, Normal Cycle may cause coloured clothing to fade due to strong agitation speeds and hot water.
- Delicates: For lightweight and delicate clothing. Make sure to check the labels since certain delicate clothes are “dry-clean only”. This feature is suitable for cotton blend sweaters, linen shirts and dri-fit sportswear.
- Heavy Duty: This is recommended for heavily soiled clothing and muddy garments. Heavy duty cycles provide longer, warmer washes along with high-speed tumbling to ensure all the dirt is flushed out and removed.
What’s the difference between front-load washers and top-load washers?
The key distinction is in the door design. While front loaders have a door and laundry is loaded inside the drum from the front, top loaders have a lid on top and laundry is added from above.
Front loading washers are gaining popularity as they not only save space, but are also more cost efficient because they use less water, electricity and detergent.
Can I add clothes to the front loader washing machine after the cycle has started?
It is now possible to add clothes mid-cycle with ’Pause and Add Clothes’ function which is available on most Frigidaire washing machines. Wait for the door to unlock after hitting the button, then add your items and press ’Start/Pause’ to recommence the wash cycle.